Currently seeking a skilled network administrator with strong experience/knowledge regarding Windows server 2008 administration. Extensive experience with Cisco technologies a must.
* Experience required in setting up and troubleshooting network equipment such as storage devices, switches, firewalls, routers and VPNs
* Ensuring hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, and changes are efficiently completed as required
* An understanding of SQL Databases would be considered an asset.
* Installing, configuring, and maintaining PCs, workstations, networks, servers, network cabling and Ethernet networks.
* Troubleshooting computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties.
* Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
* Planning and implementing network security, including setting up firewalls, managing host security, applying cryptography to network applications, and regulating file permissions
* Familiarity with MS Exchange 2010 required
* Familiarity with Dell hardware, Equal logic SAN's and PowerEdge servers
* Strong grasp of network and OS troubleshooting, including Microsoft windows 7 and Server OS 2008R2
* Strong experience with Microsoft server troubleshooting, and daily activities associated with the management and administration of all network servers
* Experience with Windows 2008R2 Active Directory Domain environment required
* Experience in Microsoft Hyper-V or virtualization technologies required
* Experience in Cluster environments and Cisco hardware preferred
* Experience in Disaster Recovery procedures and enterprise storage preferred
* Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco Catalyst switches preferred
* Driving license and vehicle a requirement (as may have to attend site out of hours)
* Ability to be on call on a rotational basis (this for the first response to the system alerts)
* Ability to work out of hours if required to meet with the system operational constraints
* Authorized to work in BC on a permanent basis
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Special consideration may be given to applicants holding a CCNA and/or MCSE certifications
Perfect communication required as there will be interfacing activities amongst multiple groups.
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.